5.12.2009

For shame! FOR SHAME!


I hope Pea doesn't grow up in a world without orange drink.

I like to eat at McDonald's. Those of you who have seen me without a shirt are likely saying "Yeah, no kidding", but quite frankly I don't care. The Pod feels safer knowing she always has access to my spare tire in the event of a flat, and extra weight is the least of my worries when my shirt comes off... ok, if you have to know, I have recently noticed an increasing amount of hair growing everywhere that it is not wanted. Too much information? Well I don't like it any more than you do, trust me.

Moving on.

I fully realize that my love affair with McDonald's is extremely taboo, given the calorie content of most of their food, but I stand by my appetite. Anything on the McDonald's menu is no worse than, say, a Tim Hortons muffin (look it up if you don't believe me).

While I may love the blessed Quarter Pounder and the heavenly Chicken McNuggets, drenched in the beloved Sweet and Sour sauce, I can assure you that Pea will not come into contact with any of this crap on my watch. That said, this will definitely be one of those 'do as I say and not as I do' issues.

McDonald's advert aside, it has come to my attention that the Golden Arches has discontinued its 'orange drink' offering, a.k.a., the best thing on their menu. Those of you who might not have had Mc-E-Dees in a while might remember the orange drink as a halftime soccer favourite, or an elementary school picnic special treat. It was a delicious alternative to real orange juice for our financially strapped french catholic school board and it will be sorely missed.

So, to you Mr. Ray Croc, I cry foul. In fact, the Pod and I cried foul during a recent trip to McDonald's and were told, by management (while a lineup of cars formed behind us), that insufficient amounts of people were drinking orange drink and the company decided to replace it with, of all horrific things, the aspartame-laden Coke Zero.

Yeah, much better choice.

Tell me this then, Mr. Management, if orange drink is so undesired by the public, why are there no less than 5 Facebook groups dedicated to bringing back orange drink? Hmm? Are you telling me that 250 Facebook users are wrong?

Bring back orange drink McDonald's. Or else. That's right, I just threatened McDonald's.

I may not know what I want my Pea to become, but I hope she doesn't live in a world without orange drink.

4 comments:

  1. And while they're at it, they can bring back the pizza too...mmmmmmm, Mickey D pizza, how I miss thee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misheebel... you left out the McRib.

    And well said Tutankhamen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking the orange drink away from mcdonals is like getting rid of the big mac... so so horrible... Doesn't give me much reason to go back... sniff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fatherly protection section. My mother in law still laughs at me today for saying my kids would never get pop and chips (incidentally a staple in my diet.) I lost on that one.

    ReplyDelete