6.29.2009

72% Cuter, Guaranteed!

I hope Pea doesn't let her cuteness go to her head (like her Dad has).

And trust me, she's cute. Granted, this is a father's opinion, but I can prove that she is, at least, 72% cuter than any kid I have ever seen before in my life.

Here's some proof... again, from her father's opinion:
  • She has a dimple. It is on her left cheek, and it rocks.
  • When I say, "Can I have some?", she proceeds to shove whatever it is she is eating into my mouth. That's off the scales cute.
  • She crawls at a torrid pace towards our front door when I arrive home.
  • When I say 'beso', which is Spanish for 'kiss', she lays a sloppy wet one on my cheek. She also does this routinely to Brobee, Mono and Glo Worm, three of her favourite toys.
  • She looks a lot like the Pod.
  • When I am putting her to sleep, she mumbles along when I am humming her a song. It melts my heart.
  • She is great with other kids her age. She plays along with them and is mesmerized by the special things they do... in fact, she usually starts doing something new a day or two after she spends some quality time with other kids.
  • And so on, and so forth.
Now, if you are a parent, I am sure you are convinced your child is 72% cuter than all other children. It is your right to think so, and I accept that you think so, but the fact remains that you are wrong. However cute you think your kid is, mine is easily 18% cuter, but on average, 72% cuter.

That said, I'd love to hear how your kid/cousin/nephew/niece/ neighbour is cute as well... because the world always has room for more cute! So post a comment and let us all know what you think makes a kid cute!

I may not know what I want my Pea to become, but I hope she doesn't let her cuteness go to her head (like her Dad has).

PS - All joking aside, our kids are equally cute.

4 comments:

  1. Well...all joking aside, I've seen plenty of babies in my time and can honestly say that I have seen some "not so cute" ones.

    Absolutely, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and my son was hands down the most beautiful baby I have ever seen and remains so at the ripe old age of 27....tats and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid that your little Pea doesn't have the monopoly on the left-cheek dimple, Leo is also rocking said dimple. Add to that his mile-long lashes and I would say we're looking at a tie at least!

    PS - loving this blog! Hillarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's cute about the T-bird? Where do I begin?

    He has the longest lashes in this hemisphere. I have measured them. They are exactly 1 inch long in the centre cluster. And black. Long and black. The frame his twinkly blue eyes and make him simply the cutest kid I know.

    He's cute because of what he says. At six, he continues to be an avid cuddler -- something I hear some of them, particularly boys, have already lost by his age. He's said to me "Mommy, my day is not complete without a snuggle from you." Add that to "Mom, I like your snuggles better than Dad's because you're soft and you smell good." (personally, I think his dad smells pretty good too, but I'll accept the compliment)

    He's cute because he says he's not. On the occasion of his fifth birthday, T decided he would no longer be called "cute". He was to be referred to only as "handsome". That is, unless we were referring to his personality. In that case, we could still call him cute because in his own words, "I still have a cute personality." He's humble, and he's right.

    I could go on. But so as not to make the other parents of cute kids feel insecure because my child is 73% cuter than theirs, I'll stop now.
    Big Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can vouch for the cuteness of T. Big Sis does not exaggerate when she says his lashes are an inch long... they are, and they are mesmerizing. You wonder how lashes could grow so long is just a few short years, when I have been growing mine for 30+ years and mine are nowhere near that long.

    ReplyDelete