7.18.2009

Step by Step, Oooh Baby!

I hope Pea never ceases to excite me.

Think back to the first time you did something really exciting. Go ahead, I'll wait...

Maybe you're thinking of the first time you drove a car, or the first time you scored a goal playing soccer. Maybe it's that first trip to the UK, when you spent a week living the life of a Londoner without the worries of work weighing you down. Maybe it's the first time you kissed someone or the first time you had sex. More than likely, you're thinking of the first time you read my blog.

Whatever it is that comes to mind, the one thing that ties all of our thoughts together is that we likely wanted to do it over and over again to recapture that unmistakable feeling of happiness.

Today, my little Pea felt the joy of doing something special for the first time and she spent the whole day recapturing the feeling. All day long, she was walking.

She's walked before, but the Pod and I could always tell that she was nervous and scared. Today, we could see that she was excited and proud, no longer completely afraid of falling and hurting herself. This was an entirely new feeling for her.

And every time she'd take a few unassisted steps, the Pod and I would congratulate her with a big hug or throw her up in the air for a celebratory Daddy Rocket ride. She'd giggle and then we'd set her up again and watch her do it once more. It was a great day.

Maybe tomorrow she'll regress and look to us to cart her around the house or crawl to her destination. Maybe it'll be days, or weeks before she is brave enough to proudly walk on her own again.

If that's the case, I won't mind at all. The fact of the matter is that every day with Pea brings something new and exciting to celebrate and even more to look forward to tomorrow. Whether it's walking, or talking, potty training or university graduation, my little girl will never cease to thrill me in new and exciting ways.

She's what makes tomorrow worth looking forward to.

I may not know what I want my Pea to become, but I hope she never ceases to excite me.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww...it was a good day! Go, Pea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Misheebel's "awwwww"

    ReplyDelete
  3. give her a "bise", a "kiss", a "beso" and a HUGE HUG from me. Cannot wait to see her in action!!! Pépère and Grandma are very proud of Sweet Pea.

    ReplyDelete