12.06.2009

Handy Manny, Wilmer Valderrama and a puddle of drool

I hope Pea never forgets December 6th, 2009.

This was a pretty good weekend.  A friend of ours hosted a Christmas party for our kids yesterday and I got to see 7 toddlers battle it out for attention, steal each others toys, and injure each other in new and unique ways.  Today, I spent the afternoon hanging out solo with my little girl.

Here' a rundown of this afternoon's agenda.
  • We danced around the house together.... Pea actually cranked up the volume on the stereo when she heard Muse's latest single.  
  • We took an hour to eat a single banana.  
  • We ate Premium Plus crackers that were 20 months passed their expiration date... and we called TeleHealth Ontario to make sure we'd survive.    
  • We watched 15 minutes of Handy Manny and discovered that Manny is actually Wilmer Valderrama from That 70's Show.
The best part of the day though, hands down, was the 30 minutes Pea spent laughing uncontrollably at a bear of hers that repeatedly emerged from a house the Pod made out of an old diaper box.  He'd scream HELLO! every time she opened the door and this was clearly the funniest thing she'd seen in a while.  In fact, she drooled on the coffee table because she couldn't stop laughing.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow.  If every day could be exactly like this one, I'd be an eternally happy guy.

I may now know what I want my Pea to become, but I hope she never forgets December 6th, 2009.

4 comments:

  1. aw ... don't make me get all teary on a Monday morning! the sound of laughter is literally THE BEST SOUND in the world, isn't it.

    coffee with Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever watch Inside the Actors Studio? They always ask the actors a series of questions, and one is always 'what sound do you like most?' The parents always say a childs laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love days like this!! And I happen to find Handy Manny's voice oddly creepy- doesn't seem to fit the age of the character or something.
    And where did you get that fantastic urbanmoms.ca button for your blog? I need to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, awesome, awesome! And she'll never forget that either! :)

    ReplyDelete