1.19.2010

Alf? Too easy...

I hope Pea doesn’t Oh my God, Dad, you are SO embarrassing too soon.

I wonder how long it will be before Pea understands embarassment? Soon, I would imagine. Especially since she has me as a father.

My wife and I were invited to a friend’s birthday party this past weekend. It was an 80’s themed party and I was excited by the many costume possibilities that exist with such a broad topic.

In researching a potential costume, I had quite a long list of possibilities: Marty McFly from Back to the Future, Ferris or Cameron from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Alf from Alf, white suit & shoes/pastel shirt, etc.

The longer my list grew, the more I realized that there was a good chance that another party-goer would have the exact same costume. I wanted to find a costume that would guarantee exclusivity.

Then it hit me.  What if 80’s didn’t mean a decade in time, but rather a decade in life?

It all came together from there… and in case you can’t see it, the hat says “Sensational Senior.”



I may not know what I want my Pea to become, but I hope she doesn’t Oh my God, Dad, you are SO embarrassing too soon.

4 comments:

  1. Looks are deceiving! My Dad "in the flesh". A little more ponch and white (oops black dyed) hair and I swear I am looking at my Dad. We laugh now, but just you wait until Pea starts pulling out pics of you in another say....50 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever. I loved it! Totally hilarious!

    kath

    ReplyDelete
  3. You realize it getting harder and harder to take your "Mr Serious' act seriously at work right?

    ReplyDelete