9.08.2009

Mennonite Chic, Part II

I hope Pea doesn’t lack self-worth.

School’s in, so I thought I’d tackle a dress code issue: some schools in the GTA are removing kilts from their dress code.

If you’re wondering why, you’ve clearly never been to the mall at 3:30pm on a school day.

What was once a coquettish fashion choice has turned into the primary weapon used by girls who are vying for the right to claim visible-ass-cheek supremacy. Some girls appear to believe that wearing a kilt means underwear is optional.

The Pod’s contends, and I am paraphrasing, that a bunch of hoochiemammas with no self-respect or tact should not ruin a comfortable and versatile clothing item for the rest of the young ladies out there. She believes banning the clothing will not change the mentality and that we are not getting at the root of the issue.

I believe anything that gets me one step closer to Mennonite Chic by 2020 is a welcome thing. Turtle necks and pants for everyone.

Here’s a link for more information on this issue. Feel free to weigh in.

I may not know what I want my Pea to become, but I hope she doesn’t lack self-worth.

PS – I secretly agree with the Pod on this issue, but don’t tell her… she’ll get a big head and I’ll never hear the end of it.

1 comment:

  1. Don't even get me started on this subject!!! Why not just make the slutty chicks have to wear pants? Why punish ALL girls? Noooo, the solution is to force them all to cover up just 'cause some boys are too stupid to be respectful and have self-control. Nice lesson. Hey girls, it's time to start hoochying up those god awful grey pants, so that maybe they'll ban those too! Start showing some major thong or ass crack, that should do it! Down with mennonite chic!!!

    ReplyDelete