10.29.2009

Maybe I'm misdirecting my anger...

I hope Pea isn't as forgetful as her father.

I took a trip to Montreal today for work.  I had a meeting with some consultants, who are developing some training for a management training program I run at work.  The meeting went very well, and I am looking forward to the training.

Not that you care.  Because really, why would you?

But you should care about what happens next.

On the way home, I headed to the thorough security checkpoint at the airport and did the usual ceremonial travel ritual... removed virtually every piece of clothing, my belt, shoes, watch, glasses, etc., and passed through the metal detector.

Because I was nearly naked, the metal detector detected nothing and I grabbed my stuff and caught my flight home.

Well, I grabbed almost everything.  I forgot my glasses.  My $250 Hugo Boss glasses with my latest prescription that keeps me from getting migraine headaches while I work on a computer.  Tomorrow I get to call the Lost and Found at the airport and hope, nay, pray, that they found them and are willing to help me regain my vision again.  Otherwise, it's new glasses for this guy and a hefty hit to the pocket book.

The last time I went to Montreal, I forgot my Blackberry in a cab.  It took a few days to track down the cabbie, and another few days to get it couriered back to my office.

Because of this trend, I've decided that a grudge against Montreal is in order.  Because it clearly has it out for me.

So Montreal, screw you!  You suck!  You are stealing from me, and indirectly, from my family.  Do you not care that I have a young daughter who might need me to see her clearly and without blur, even though said blur is really very, very minor?

Montreal, YOU ARE RUINING MY LIFE!

I may not know what I want my Pea to become, BUT I HOPE SHE NEVER HAS TO GO TO MONTREAL, BECAUSE MONTREAL TAKES ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE! but I hope she isn't as forgetful as her father.

PS - The above applies to Montreal, but not my beloved Montreal Canadiens... Go Habs Go!

4 comments:

  1. Instead of blaming the city, shouldn't you be blaming your senility? As the old saying goes, its a poor workman who blames his tools. :) How do you leave the security line without noticing your glasses are missing? Your eyes are no where near as bad as mine, but didn't you have any issues looping that belt or using that blackberry while waiting for the plane? Now, stop blaming the city of Montreal and feel free to pick on the hockey team. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve Y also has it out for me people! Mocking, using a sarcastic tone, attacking the NHL's most storied franchise? For shame, Steve Y, for shame.

    Oh, by way of update, the airport lost and found did in fact find my glasses and some kind co-workers from Montreal agreed to drive over to the airport and pick them up for me, then ship them back to Toronto.

    As it turns out, I may have blogged during a moment of weakness. Like drinking and Facebooking, they don't mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Shawn! Good work...and happy for you that you are getting your glasses back. Phew. (I think Steve Y might be on to something though..)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It appears the prevailing opinion is that I am forgetting things in Montreal, not because the city itself has it out for me, but because I am going senile. That may be true, but I also think that... um... wait... what was I saying?

    ReplyDelete