11.17.2009

Hide and Seek

I hope Pea never fails to find the beauty in all forms of music.

My favourite morning radio show is on the city's 'urban' station.  They play mainly hip-hop, which means I'm down with Lil' Wayne, Neo, Alicia Keys, Drake and the like.  I can nod my head with the best of 'em.

I much prefer Indie rock, but the lack of an even mediocre alternative station in our city means I am S.O.L. on that front.  So it's either hip-hop, or the CBC for the most part.  Either way, I'm happy, because the CBC is amazing.

Recently, my love of Indie rock and hip-hop came together... in a good way. Hip-hop artist Jason Derulo released a song called Whatcha Say... and the chorus is a sample from Indie artist Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek.

I'm a fan of both songs, really, but the creativity and unique sound of Heap's original song is far better in my opinion.  Here's a live version for your listening pleasure.




I may not know what I want my Pea to become, but I hope she never fails to find the beauty in all forms of music.

PS - If Hide and Seek sounds familiar, you've probably seen Zach Braff's movie The Last Kiss... in fact, if you want a good Indie starter kit, Braff's soundtrack for both The Last Kiss and Garden State are a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment