8.31.2009

It's too early for this

I hope Pea doesn’t use her head solely as a towel rack.

Here's the scenario.  I'm driving the Pod into work. It’s close to 9am and I am seconds away from dropping her off.

As a good driver, my eyes are darting from left to right, scanning the area for pedestrians and anything else that might dart in front of the car. Pan left, nothing. Pan right, nothing. Pan left, nothing. Pan right, woman outside looking for something in her car, wearing a white towel around her body and a blue towel on her head. Pan left, nothing.

Wait… what?

That’s right people. Too lazy to throw on a bathrobe or a pair of track pants and a tee, this thirty-something thought it would be perfectly acceptable to walk outside like this… and before you go calling me a prude, the white body towel was barely long enough to cover her lady bits. And she was bending over to find something in her car. Do the math. Go ahead, I’ll wait.

Got it? Ok, good.

That’s it. I have nothing more to say about this incident, though it haunts me still.

I may not know what I want my Pea to become, but I hope she doesn’t use her head solely as a towel rack.

1 comment:

  1. some things are just better left unseen!!!! especially first thing in the morning when you have not yet focused in on life's little wonders. Much better left to public viewing until after a "grande mocha frappucino" at Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete