3.26.2009

Enfa-NO!

I hope Pea doesn't have a tendency to put the horse before the carriage.

Perhaps you read one of my recent blog entries entitled "Formula!  FORMULA!"  If you did, thank you.  You're wonderful.

The entry had to do with my excitement over being able to feed Pea formula, the bonding that might ensue, and the flexibility the Pod and I will have as a result.  Well, if my life had a soundtrack, tonight would have been the part where the needle screeches off the record and everything comes to a standstill. 

Pea does NOT like formula.  At least, not the Enfapro A+ we bought for her.  The Pod was meeting a friend for dinner tonight, and total chaos ensued when I tried to give Pea her delicious, albeit engineered, meal replacement.  She shoved the bottle away every time it got anywhere near her, writhed and wriggled to the point where I nearly dropped her twice, and at one point bent the nipple on the bottle back and received a shot of formula directly in her eye.

The Pod had this same experience earlier this week.  We figured that was because Pea would rather drink from the boobie than have formula, but tonight's episode proves she ain't a fan of the Enfapro.  A+?  I think not.

So we are back to the drawing board.  If you have a youngin' who likes a particular brand of formula, please let me know.  We've heard that babies are just fussy with brands - kind of like the Pepsi vs. Coke phenomenon - so now we'll move on to something new.

I also have a hardly used canister of Enfapro A+ for sale, if anyone is interested.  $20, o.b.o.

On the plus side, Jerry Seinfeld's Bee Movie really calmed Pea down when nothing else would get her to stop crying.  I will be locking that one down on the PVR!

I may not know what I want my Pea to become, but I hope she doesn't have a tendency to put the horse before the carriage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment