3.25.2009

Is there a 10-step program for this?

I hope Pea doesn't inherit my inherent laziness.

Tonight I was, as usual, dreading my Wednesday evening date with our household garbage. Thursday mornings are traditionally horrible for me, as I run around in a panic collecting trash before the garbage collectors make their way past my house without having to lift a finger, thereby wasting my hard-earned tax dollars. I've been trying to avoid this situation by doing what every self-respecting homeowner does: take the garbage out the night before.

In a rare demonstration of initiative, I decided to quantify my laziness tonight.  I grabbed my cell phone, went to the Stopwatch tool, and timed myself as I went around collecting the garbage and bringing it to the curb. The whole ordeal took me 9 minutes and 46.29 seconds.

What is it they say?  A stitch in time saves... you from having to spend Thursday mornings running around your house like a maniac gathering trash.  For the love of God, get it together man.  

In thinking back on all of today's laziness, I was appalled at what came to mind.  I doubt this is an exhaustive list, but it is what I felt like recalling.  
  • I easily slept through my alarm.  This is a daily occurrence.
  • I shaved with soap instead of my shaving cream, because it was already on my face.
  • I talked myself out of sending several emails because I didn't feel like typing them.  I made phone calls instead.
  • I needed to go pee this morning at least 30 minutes before I actually went.
  • I had chicken fingers and fries for lunch because I didn't feel like waiting for the fajitas.
  • I nearly let my mother change Pea's dirty diaper.  Come to think of it, I don't feel bad about this one... who likes changing poo diapers?
  • I really wanted to watch Lost tonight, but the PVR wasn't finished recording it and I didn't feel like watching commercials.
  • I chose to use bullet points because it is much quicker than using full paragraphs.
In my defense, I didn't sleep too well last night, I skipped breakfast and I ate chicken fingers and fries for lunch, so I clearly had no energy today.  But still, is this the example I should be setting for my little Pea? 

My name is Ricochay, and I am a lazy git.  For shame.

I may not know what I want my Pea to become, but I hope she doesn't inherit my inherent laziness.

1 comment:

  1. I would have watched "Lost" for you, if only you would have asked !!!!!

    ReplyDelete