3.17.2009

Is there nothing sacred?

I hope Pea doesn't use celebutante slang to describe a young child's name.

Pea, the Pod and I were out for a walk in a popular park near where we live when I overheard the following come from a young Mom pushing her 1 year-old in a stroller:

"We were going to name her Riley, but I liked the name Charlie way too much.  My husband said, 'people will call her Chuck', and I said 'I don't care, I like Charlie.  It's HOT.'"

It's HOT?  Is that where we're at now?  It's ok to use sexually suggestive taglines in relation to our children?  What's next?  Will we be using "junk in the trunk" on report cards?  Or hearing the über-clever "If you seek Amy" being sung by children all around the world? 

Wait... oh snap.  

What is this world coming to?

I may not know what I want my Pea to become, but I hope she doesn't use celebutante slang to describe a young child's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment